Thursday, February 24, 2011

Macaroni & Go Bags

My life cannot go on if I do not have a goal in mind. I spent my whole summer learning how to cook before I got married, so I wouldn't be completely inept going into the kitchen. I was too busy with Diva life growing up, so my mom always had dinner made for me. Now was my time to find my kitchen cooking skills. I have totally dedicated myself to impressing Corry as he is the cheese to my maraconi. My next goal to have the most amazing and organized.....FOOD STORAGE!!

My ultimate goal has been to start my food storage this year. It is hard to build, especially if you are a young couple moving around, but I believe we need to be prepared no matter what. Corry & I just bought a new 2010 Black Dodge Caravan - which I call my "limo" which has awesome extra storage space for things like emergencies! For some reason this topic always seems to keep coming up - always giving me that feeling like I better get on it. Our Relief Society newsletter in the 11th Ward gives us suggestions on what to add on to your storage for that particular month.

January:

Bedding, Salt, Baking Soda, Baking Powder
"Let every head of every household see to it that he has on hand enough good and clothing, where possible fuel also for at least a year ahead."
J. Reuben Clark Jr.


February:

Peanut Butter, Soup, Macaroni & Personal Toiletries
“There is no royal road to anything; careful planning, hard work and determination to reach an objective is the path to success."


I also made personal "Go Bags" for Corry & I. Mine will have a pink tag on it - indicating it is for me (with special shampoos, perfume and make up of course.) I found this GREAT site, listing everything that you should have in your "Go Bags," how much food and water etc.

http://72hours.org/go_bag.html

CLICK CLICK CLICK

No comments:

Post a Comment