Saturday, February 19, 2011

Our Story

When I (Steph) first saw Corry, it was on a Monday night in June 2009, at a Young Single Adult Family Home Evening in the Relief Society Presidents backyard. I walked in late with a couple of friends. The room was incredibly intense and quiet and was a little embarrassed to walk in late. There Corry was, sitting down and teaching the lesson in front of 20 people, with two missionaries on either side of him and the scriptures in his hands. All eyes were glued on him. It was only his first time teaching a church lesson, as he was converting back to the LDS church. I noticed his big, strong arms from workin’ so hard at the oil rigs, and turned to my friend Sara and said, “Who is that?” and she replied, “I have no idea.” Mesmorized by his low, deep voice, his strong, sweet, sincere spirit, I couldn't help to think that he was cute. I remember feeling inspired as he spoke.
I have told this story many times, as it is very special to me. After listening to him teach for a couple of minutes, I suddenly heard a small voice repeat 3 times, "This is your husband." Psh. Ya right. Just because he was cute, doesn't mean he could be mine. I thought I was dreaming. Little did I know that I would marry him in the Cardston Temple the next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment